[erlang-questions] deb package from erlang app release

Andre Nathan andre@REDACTED
Mon Jan 17 11:16:37 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 17:19 -0800, Pablo Platt wrote:
> Do I need to break the release and spread it on several places on the file
> system or should I put everything under a specific folder?
> In the latter, which folder? var/lib/myapp, usr/share/myapp ?

When I created a deb package for my application I simply copied the
release to /opt and then created symlinks from the appropriate locations
to the release (e.g. /etc/init.d/foo -> /opt/foo/bin/foo).

HTH,
Andre