[erlang-questions] UML or other modeling tools

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Fri Jan 14 08:28:18 CET 2011

I am using OPM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_Process_Methodology) for
my high level drawings.
OPM has the nice aspect that it allows you to treat both objects and
processes as 1st level citizens of the language. (Mind you the processes are
not a 1:1 with Erlang processes!!).

OPM has both a graphical and a textual representation that matches up 1:1 -
I have not had the time to try out the OPCAT tool yet, so I cannot say how
that works.
So far I have used my own Dia stencil with OPM shapes to draw things.

As a supplement I use MSCs, where http://plantuml.sourceforge.net/ is a nice
tool to create them.
I have been contemplating extending PlantUML with OPM or write a simple Dot
based tool for OPM, but that is the kind of activity that requires a bit of
time to get right and right now I am busy trying to make money, I am content
with my Dia drawings right now.

Cheers,
Torben

--