[erlang-questions] how to patch a standard module

Tomasz Maciejewski ponton@REDACTED
Thu Jan 13 22:25:54 CET 2011

Dnia 13-01-2011 o 16:52:23 Gijsbert <gijsbert.de.haan@REDACTED> napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to extend httpd_request.erl to handle the OPTIONS method.
> I've managed to do this by copying httpd_request.erl into my project
> and making sure it overrides the standard version.
> My question: is it possible to redefine a function in a standard
> module at runtime? Then I could define my own validate(Method, Uri,
> Version) function (just a few lines) and keep using the standard
> httdp_request.erl.
>
> Regards,
> Gijsbert

If you like to extend httpd, you should write a module for it, instead of patching original http_request.erl. All the informations are here: http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/httpd.html. You can also see how mod_get.erl and mod_head.erl are done.

For redefining function at runtime, you can compile and load modified module by typing "c(module)", or just load new beam by "l(module)".

--
Tomasz Maciejewski