[erlang-questions] Erlang and the learning curve

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Tue Jan 4 03:00:22 CET 2011

Do you know what it is you'd like to do with Erlang?

In my case I knew what I wanted to do before I started (build an ad
server), and I knew how to do it without Erlang, so taking the basics
and applying it to a real world problem was pretty straightforward for
me.

The thing that finally made me "get" Erlang was Joe Armstrong's Ph.d
thesis [1], but at the time there were no books in print on Erlang so
there are probably better resources these days :)

[1] http://www.erlang.org/download/armstrong_thesis_2003.pdf