ODBC param query unicode

Ryan Huffman <>
Wed Feb 23 09:08:14 CET 2011

According to the release notes the 2.10.8 added unicode support, but thus
far I haven't had any luck getting it to work (
 Can anyone shed some light on what is supported?  I've tried using
param_query's with sql_wvarchar but without success (using utf8, utf16
little endian, utf16 big endian, etc...), and selecting rows with utf
characters returns a ? in place of utf characters (as expected, the rest of
the characters are still 8 bits wide rather than 16).

Using 2.10.8 and R14B, connecting to an MSSQL server.