[erlang-questions] Building small erlang vm suitable for bundle with app.

dmitry kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Wed Dec 14 09:22:03 CET 2011

Hi,

I have not yet spent too much time to investigate how to build 2MB
self-sustainable package but systools gives me about 14MB with possible
reduction to 7 - 9MB on debian 64bit.

as an example *.rel package contains following libraries:
{kernel, "2.14.5"},
{stdlib, "1.17.5"},
{sasl,   "2.1.10"},
{crypto, "2.0.4"},
{public_key, "0.13"},
{ssl,    "4.1.6"},
{inets,  "5.7.1"},
{compiler, "4.7.5"},
{syntax_tools, "1.6.7.1"},
{xmerl,    "1.2.10"},
{mochiweb, "2.3.0"}

systools:make_tar($$n, [{erts, code:root_dir()}]) %% do not put any extra
dirs here

most heavy components are VM by itself
-rwxr-xr-x   1 kolesnik  wheel   7.7M Oct 19 20:53 beam
-rwxr-xr-x   1 kolesnik  wheel   9.6M Oct 19 20:53 beam.smp

- Dmitry