[erlang-questions] "Can't set long node name" on Ubuntu using erl -name without suffix

Daniel Dormont dan@REDACTED
Fri Dec 9 20:08:26 CET 2011

A little more experimentation revealed that the problem was that the
system returned no FQDN for itself, as indicated for example by
'hostname -f'. A little /etc/hosts manipulation fixed that, and all
was well.

dan