[erlang-questions] Developing killer / open source apps

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Sat Aug 6 01:21:59 CEST 2011

In my opinion, there exists exactly one user interface library: HTML5.
That library comes with the CSS3 way of skinning, and the Canvas way of
doing procedural drawing, and the JavaScript way of adding UI interaction.
We've used Firfox as our UI toolkit for years (using C++/Python as the app
languages), and it works great. These days, better choices probably are
Berkelium or Chromium or maybe plain WebKit.
A binding between JavaScript and Erlang, and/or between the HTML DOM and
Erlang messages, would be pretty cool for user-facing things.

Sincerely,

jw

--
Americans might object: there is no way we would sacrifice our living
standards for the benefit of people in the rest of the world. Nevertheless,