[erlang-questions] Can't compile tests

Seth Falcon seth@REDACTED
Fri Apr 29 06:40:55 CEST 2011

Hi Travis,

You didn't mention what platform you are running on.  Based on your
RELEASE_PATH and the wx related errors, I think OS X is a good bet :-)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Travis Jensen <travis.jensen@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm getting this error when trying to compile tests:
> make  RELEASE_PATH=/Users/travis/src2/foss/erlang-otp/release/tests
> release_tests_spec
> erlc -W  +debug_info -o./ et_wx_SUITE.erl
> ./et_test_lib.hrl:19: can't find include lib "wx/include/wx.hrl"
> make[2]: *** [et_wx_SUITE.beam] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [release_tests] Error 2
> make: *** [lib/et/test] Error 2
> I've tried both "otp_build tests" and "make release_tests" (from $ERL_TOP).
>  I'm wondering if I'm missing an environment variable or something.

There are problems getting Erlang's wx modules to build on Snow
Leopard.  For example, if you have installed via Homebrew, your build
will have omitted wx.

A downside of this is that there are a number of tests that depend on
wx.  If you want to run the tests, you can hunt down the tests wanting
wx by temporarily moving them out of the way.  I've done this before,
there are a handful, but not so many to make it terrible.

Perhaps there is a more elegant way to handle this.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | @sfalcon | http://userprimary.net/