[erlang-questions] [ANN] misultin v0.7

Dmitry Demeshchuk demeshchuk@REDACTED
Sun Apr 10 15:13:53 CEST 2011

Basically, mochiweb provides more functionality (2 JSON modules,
global namespace module, and so on) but is less performant than
misultin in many cases (at least, it was some time ago, and I believe
that misultin is still the same light and fast).

Also, they have a bit different philosophy. Mochiweb uses parametrized
modules for processing HTTP requests and misultin uses standard
modules.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Zvi <zvi.avraham@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can Roberto or somebody else compare Misultin vs. Mochiweb?
> What's the pros and cons of each of them?
>
> Thanks,
> Zvi
>
> On Apr 9, 3:52 pm, Roberto Ostinelli <robe...@REDACTED> wrote:
>> dear list,
>>
>> misultin v0.7 is now out. changelog is:
>>
>> - added max_connections options parameter, which specifies maximum
>> concurrent open connections
>>   accepted by the server
>> - added post_max_size options parameter, which sets the maximum size of POST
>> data
>> - added get_url_max_size options parameter, which sets the maximum length of
>> URI
>> - added CHUNKED support, both for incoming requests and outgoing responses
>> [thanks to yrashk
>>   suggestion]
>> - added trapping of client closing a browser in Comet applications [thanks
>> to yrashk]
>> - added SSL support for websockets [enhancement track #25, thanks to
>> viplifes]
>> - Misultin can now be started without a registered name or with a different
>> name, so that multiple
>>   versions of misultin can be started on a single node
>> - added support for IP address specified in tuple format [thanks to okeuday
>> suggestion]
>> - added support to extract plain uri unquoted as a list() [thanks to
>> okeuday]
>> - added Comet Long Polling example
>> - added Comet iFrame example
>> - added the killing of alive processes on server shutdown
>> - the GET uri parameters are now also available on POST requests
>> - added custom headers on file sending to browser [thanks to josevalim]
>> - additional minor adjustments
>>
>> https://github.com/ostinelli/misultin
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> r.