[erlang-questions] calendar now_to_universal_time/1 vs. universal_time/0

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski@REDACTED
Mon Sep 27 18:21:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa@REDACTED>wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 05:08, Ryan Zezeski <rzezeski@REDACTED> wrote:
> > What is different about these two functions?  The only thing I can gather
> > from the docs is that universal_time *may* return local time in certain
> > circumstances but now_to_universal_time will not.
>

> now_to_universal_time(now())  however should be equivalent to
> universal_time(), as far as I understand.

This is, essentially, the question I'm asking.  Should I prefer one over the
other for *any* reason?  Right now, I prefer universal_time because it's
less typing :)

-Ryan