[erlang-questions] calendar now_to_universal_time/1 vs. universal_time/0

Pierpaolo Bernardi olopierpa@REDACTED
Mon Sep 27 10:31:53 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 05:08, Ryan Zezeski <rzezeski@REDACTED> wrote:
> What is different about these two functions?  The only thing I can gather
> from the docs is that universal_time *may* return local time in certain
> circumstances but now_to_universal_time will not.

You mean universal_time/0 vs now_to_universal_time/1 ?  :)

They have different arity and specification.

now_to_universal_time(now())  however should be equivalent to
universal_time(), as far as I understand.

P.