[erlang-questions] 14A wants 'fop', what/where?

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski@REDACTED
Thu Sep 9 05:34:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm installing R14A.
>
> documentation  :
>                 fop is missing.
>                 Using fakefop to generate placeholder PDF files.
>
> This is the first Erlang installation I've done where this came up.
> Presumably fop is a processor for XML-FO.  Where do I get it?

I think this is only needed if you want to locally generate the
documentation as PDF?  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain it's not
needed for a working VM.  Of course, maybe you already know that.

Straight from INSTALL.md

#### Building Documentation ####

*   `xsltproc` -- XSLT processor. A tool for applying XSLT stylesheets
    to XML documents. Can be downloaded from
    <http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/xsltproc2.html>.
*   `fop` -- Apache FOP print formatter (requires Java). Can be downloaded
    from <http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop>.

If you're on OSX or Linux you should be able to use your favorite package
manager to install.

-Ryan