[erlang-questions] Dynamically add node to Distributed Application

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx@REDACTED
Fri Sep 3 03:10:58 CEST 2010

You need to consider the two things,

1. Distribution from erlang that means you need to set up an erlang
cluster so that each node can ping each other in the cluster. Use
net_adm:ping(Node) to join a node into the cluster. You will get
notification when a node leaves the cluster from erlang distribution
if you monitor the nodes in cluster via erlang:monitor(Node,flag).
2. Distribution on your application, this is your application's logic
to handle the distribution. For example, how to dispatch the load to
the nodes in erlang cluster, how to handle the scenario where a node
joins/leaves the cluster from your application point of view.

Kaiduan