[erlang-questions] performance on multicore computer

Sat Oct 23 00:51:32 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Jiansen He <jiansenhe@REDACTED> wrote:

> Erlang R14B (erts-5.8.1) [source] [smp:4:4] [rq:4] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
> [kernel-poll:false]

The smp:4:4 part should mean you have access to all (logical) CPUs.

> My program should be parallel.  I have a similar Haskell program which could
> consume 380% CPU!

Haskell is different from Erlang, and its parallellism-constructions
are much different. I wonder if you can give the program or at least
tell us the strategy is uses for obtaining parallel evaluation. It may
be here the problem lies (at least that is my hunch)

--
J.