[erlang-questions] Implementation of a 2006 version of Wichmann-Hill random number generator for Erlang/OTP

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Tue Nov 30 23:50:35 CET 2010

What would be nice is if we could just drop the new algorithm into the old module so we avoid having to have 2 random modules. As I see it the main problem is that the old random has 3 seeds while the new has 4, which makes the seed functions incompatible. Couldn't you just have one seed be two?

It would mean that the "new" random would return better values, but they would be different from what the "old" random returned. I don't see this as a problem but others might.

Robert