[ANN] Madrid Erlounge 2nd December

Clara Benac Earle cbenac@REDACTED
Tue Nov 30 13:18:21 CET 2010

The Madrid Erlang user group will be meeting on Thursday 2nd of December
at 19:30 at the Escuela Universitaria de Ingeniería Técnica Industrial.
Ronda de Valencia 3 (metro/cercanias Embajadores).

Jordi Chacón from Klarna will be giving a talk.

Abstract:

Klarna AB is a successful fast-growing company that provides payment
solutions for online shopping. Klarna's system is 100% built in Erlang
and this is without question, one of the main keys for this success. In
this talk, I will describe how Klarna benefits from working with Erlang
and how we make use of all the nice features that this language provides
such as concurrency, fault-tolerance and hot code swapping. Furthermore,
I will also talk about the tools we use to perform day to day tasks like
debugging, testing and code edition.

Around 9pm we will go somewhere in the neighbourhood for an Erlounge
(beer, food and talk).

Everybody is welcome to join us.

Looking forward to seeing you in Madrid!
Clara