[erlang-questions] "simple_one_for_one" supervisor childs termination problem

Lukas Larsson garazdawi@REDACTED
Tue Nov 30 12:09:56 CET 2010

When terminating a child the supervisor calls exit(Pid,shutdown). When a
process receives an exit signal it will automatically die unless it is
trapping exits. So in order for terminate to be called before the process
dies you have to trap exits within the child process.

This is described in the gen_server Design Principles documentation:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/gen_server_concepts.html#id62546

Lukas