Free Erlang/OTP Tutorial Melbourne, OZ 4/12

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Mon Nov 29 21:16:35 CET 2010

Hi all,

I will be giving a tutorial covering Basic & Sequential Erlang,
Concurrency and Gen Servers as a replacement to Ulf Wiger's YOW!
tutorial which had to be canceled at short notice. Lonely Planet (The
guide book publisher!) has kindly volunteered one of their meeting
rooms, seating anything from 5 to 100 people. The location is in
Footscray, 5km from the city center. (A short walk from the station).

The tutorial will start at 9.00 - 14.30, on Satuday December 4th. When
done, we should all head to downtown Footscray to grab a bite.

This hands on tutorial will give you an introduction to the Erlang
programming language. You will learn the basics of how to read, write
and structure Erlang programs. We start with an insight into the theory
and concepts behind sequential and concurrent Erlang, allowing you to
get acquainted with the Erlang syntax and semantics. We provide an
overview of the error handling mechanisms used to build fault tolerant
systems with five nines availability, and wrap up by introducing the
gen_server, the most commonly used behaviour of the OTP middleware.

This is a hands on tutorial, so install Erlang on your laptop and bring
it along with lots of questions.

Last catch.. While registration is free, we need to know who is
attending. Drop me an email with your name, phone number and affiliation
and I will forward all of the details. Please mark the subject Erlang
Tutorial.

Really looking forward to visiting Australia again! It's been a while.

Francesco

--
Erlang Solutions Ltd.
http://www.erlang-solutions.com