[erlang-questions] Convincing industry to use Erlang

Alain O'Dea alain.odea@REDACTED
Sat Nov 27 14:34:44 CET 2010

Joe, I love how you can condense whole books on contracting down to a
few paragraphs :)

I took a similar approach with http://verafin.com/.  Though it was an
internal project, there was already a VisualBasic CMS in place that
was "perfectly serviceable".  I had to prototype a solution to make
the problem with the status quo visible.

I installed Zotonic, loaded the content from the old CMS and
implemented some key interactions the other CMS was making hard in a
single day.  I showed it to the team: as soon as they saw the radical
speed difference (5-10x faster page loads), the CMS interface, the new
interactions and realized that all this was done in a day they were
sold.