[erlang-questions] New random module?

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Thu Nov 25 08:52:15 CET 2010

Hi,

Maybe this could be of interest to you...

Some time ago I created a fork of the cryptographic application by Martin
Logan where I have created a module called hash_random that follows the
guidelines for implementing a DRBG based on a hash function as per NIST
Special Publication 800-90.

There is half-baked code for accessing a good entropy source written in C
that should be easy to port to different platforms - this needs more work
though.
The hash_random should, however, be good to go - just pass in a good entropy
function and rock'n'roll!

The fork is at https://github.com/lehoff/cryptographic

I have been short for time so this has not gotten the attention that it
deserves.

Background info on the reason for the fork to answer the question "Why
Erlang?" up front:
 I wanted to create an encryption library that works on all major platforms
without the tie to OpenSSL since the intention was to create an application
that could easily be distributed to non-Erlangers without asking them to
install Erlang and OpenSSL.

Cheers,
Torben

http://www.linkedin.com/in/torbenhoffmann