[erlang-questions] Implementation of a 2006 version of Wichmann-Hull random number generator for Erlang/OTP

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Tue Nov 23 13:59:19 CET 2010

Greco: Yes - I remembered your code pieces and bug reports.

I should add that giving zero to any of the seed tuple elements will
render the random number generator useless because the zeros will stay
forever, and that this should be checked at least in the (re)seeding
functions.  (This is a known limitation of the algorithm based on
multiplicative congluency generators.)

Regards,
Kenji Rikitake

In the message <20101123133952.1909c4c7@REDACTED>
dated Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 01:39:28PM +0100,