[erlang-questions] Websockets

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Mon Nov 22 15:47:54 CET 2010

Are you using a proxy in front of mochiweb for your websockets implementation
or just port forwarding with iptables?
nginx doesn't support http 1.1 so I think it's not suitable for websockets.

________________________________
From: Richard Jones <rj@REDACTED>
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Sent: Mon, November 22, 2010 3:45:08 PM
Subject: [erlang-questions] Websockets

Is anyone using websockets off an erlang backend in production?
I couldn't find any complete implementations, so here's my patch to
mochiweb to support websockets:

http://groups.google.com/group/mochiweb/browse_thread/thread/3ae55bf6792eb851

I'm planning to start using it on irccloud.com in the next week or
two, as an alternative to the awkward comet hack in use currently.
I'll report back once it's had some production use. In the meantime,
I'm curious if anyone else has a working implementation or is using
websockets in anger.

RJ