[job] Erlang/OTP job at MobileDevices

Vincent de Phily vincent.dephily@REDACTED
Fri Nov 19 13:39:56 CET 2010

Hello,

my company is going for another round of hiring for Erlang developers (among
other skills). We had good success adressing this mailing list directly in the
past, and I hope many of you can take this new opportunity to join us.

MobileDevices is a technology-based company that offers a lot of great job
opportunities.

We work on all kind of state of the art technical projects around the in-car
connected portable devices – including our core product which is an open OS
specific to in-car environment (think Android for telematics but better.)

We are looking for engineers as well as for interns for 4 up to 8 months paid
internships with the prospect of long term contracts at the end of a
successful period. We would be interested in receiving CVs and application
from students  interested in such opportunity.

Obviously we are looking for Erlang / Ruby expertise but you will find a more
global offer below, this will give you a window into our organisation and
work.

To give you a bit of background, the company is already quite international,
everybody developing for us speaks English and we already have 6 different
nationalities represented (Chinese, Italian, Algerian, Swedish, Polish and
French).

MobileDevices is an international company and sell to 47 different countries
and already have sales offices in Singapore, London, US, France, China and
technical ones in China, Ireland and France.

We have rapidly evolved into one of the world leader in telematics systems for
vehicles.

We are known to be very competitive and very innovative (awarded with "Global
Telematics & Navigation Product Differentiation Innovation Award" by Frost &
Sullivan in 2009, also got innovation wise awards by Deloite Technology, Anvar
and Eureka in 2007, 2008 and 2009).

We are looking for computer science engineers from the technical project
manager to the Phd in graph theory.

System team :

You will work on all our platform as well as customers one. Porting the boot-
loader, developing advanced memory/energy management as well as other drivers,
enhancing the VM...

You will work in a team of 8 engineers.

Core team :

The core software is an event driven component based architecture. It involves
meta-programming (code generation) in Ruby or XSLT, high level services
development (UDP/TCP protocols, dead reckoning algorithms, navigation routing
engine...), drivers logic (2G and 3G modems integration, bluetooth modules,
...) and many other things (graphical engine, ...) in mostly C++ and some
Java.

You will work in a team of 8 engineers.

Server team:

Bridge devices to the vast ecosystem of consumer services (think Twitter,
Facebook...), fleet management and data analytics. The communication server is
built to scale to millions of devices with impressive reliability and
versatility (Heterogenous cloud in Erlang and Ruby / Rails, PostgreSQL and
NoSQL databases, bi-directional push via web services and XMPP). The team also
provides a Widget SDK to remotely communicate with the device (Javascript,
HTML / Ruby).

You will work in a team of 7 engineers.

Services team :

Directly working with the graphical designers, server team and core team, you
will develop in Java and Ruby applications that will then be found in our
products (navigation application, chat application, live trafic, movie
reservation...)

You will work in a team of 5 engineers.

SDK team:

Every great OS needs a development platform. From the emulation with QEMU to
the graphical designer in EMF or GMF you will participate to the elaboration
of our Eclipse based SDK called Morpheus.

You will work in a team of 3 engineers.

Test team:

Validation is a major issue for all development teams that create a lot of
code. Creating tools that can validate the code, check the regressions, the
hardware compatibility. Mostly developing them in Ruby some drivers are in C.

You will work in a team of 5 engineers.

You can send applications to myself or to career@REDACTED
Please let me know if you need more information to make this happen.

--
Vincent de Phily
Mobile Devices

Warning
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of its
intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential, subject
to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or
distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
vincent.dephily@REDACTED and do not necessarily represent those of
the
company. Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.