[erlang-questions] Erlang shows its slow face!

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Sun Nov 14 17:02:50 CET 2010

Willem's version in parallel below using a maximum of 2000 concurrent
processes (find lpmap function is in previous e-mail).

This is approx. 16 x faster on my dual-core. Probably surpasses C# already
(but again, not really a good point to try to be making.)

pythag2(N) ->
     L = [{A, A*A} || A <- lists:seq(1,N)], % For all A's
     lists:flatten(lpmap(fun({A, A2}) ->    % For all B's in parallel
                             [forAllCs(A, B, A + B, A2 + B2, L, N)
                                         || {B, B2} <- L, A + B < N]
                         end, L, 2000, ordered)).

forAllCs(A, B, AB, A2B2, L, N) ->
     [{A, B, C} || {C, C2} <- L, A2B2 =:= C2, AB + C =< N].

- Edmond -