[erlang-questions] Why Erlang/OTP binaries are available only for Win32 ?

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Nov 9 03:03:59 CET 2010

On 8/11/2010, at 7:00 AM, Icarus Alive wrote:

> wondering as to what is the reason that Erlang/OTP binaries are
> available only for win32 and not for Linux (and it's variants), BSD
> etc. ?

Let's see.  I have to worry about Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, OpenBSD,
Solaris, OpenSolaris, Ubuntu 32-bit, Ubuntu 64-bit, Centos 32-bit, Centos
64-bit, and Fedora.  Just how many sets of binaries do you expect to be
provided?  Then there are some older machines that would be fun to set
up, several PowerPC boxes and a couple of SPARCs.  How many sets of
binaries?