[erlang-questions] Re: Reliable way to handle Java node crashs?

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Tue Jun 29 15:00:56 CEST 2010

zabrane Mikael writes:
 > Hi guys,
 >
 > Please, could someone help me understand this memory heap alloc failure of
 > the Erlang VM  ;-)
 >
 > Regards
 > Zabrane

It's all there: the Erlang VM asked the OS for more memory,
but the OS refused.  Presumably you don't have enough RAM or
swap in the machine.

The 730M allocation is a tad big, but not unreasonable, so
it's not necessarily a bug in the Erlang VM.

If you need more help than this, post a self-contained test case.

ps. please don't top-post