Java version of erlport

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Thu Jun 17 17:00:12 CEST 2010

I've been working with erlport:

http://github.com/hdima/erlport

which is a terrific way to implement Python based port apps.

It's primary functions:

- Handle the request/response loop via stdout
- Marshal message payload: Erlang terms <-> Python
- Dispatch inbound messages to handler functions using a simple naming
convention

Is anyone aware of a Java library that does something similar?

I understand that the com.ericsson.otp.erlang package can be used to
implement full fledged Java based nodes, complete with hook up to
epmd, etc. But that's a bit much for my needs. I'd rather have a
simple mapping library that made Java based port apps easier to build.

Garrett