[erlang-questions] Similarities between web programming and functional programming

Steve Vinoski <>
Mon Jun 14 03:27:41 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Nilanjan Raychaudhuri
<> wrote:
> Hi all,
> As a newbie into functional programming I am curious to know how functional programming style fits into building web applications? And how it
> compares to building web apps in Ruby or Java.
> Any pointer to article/literature will be helpful.

For a little over a year now I've write a bimonthly magazine column
called "The Functional Web" for IEEE Internet Computing magazine
(though I missed a couple issues due to workload). All issues can be
found here:

You might take a look at the introductory article for the column to
see if it helps answer your question: