monitor and failure detectors

Johan Montelius johanmon@REDACTED
Thu Jun 3 10:08:45 CEST 2010

Some question on monitors:

Is there a way to change the timeout of monitors to configure how eager
they will be to deliver a DOWN/noconnection message? Can this be changed
on a per monitor basis so one could monitor one process with a 0.1s
timeout and another with a 20s timeout?

I guess it is the empd daemon that is responsible for tracking the state
of nodes on a host. If a node crashes a monitor will report
DOWN/noconnection. Could it be possible to have monitor generate a
DOWN/down or similar when/if it can be determined that the node (and thus
the process that we monitor) is actually down. The DOWN/noconnection
message leaves us in a state where we don't know it is down or simply
disconnected.

   Johan

--
Associate Professor Johan Montelius