[erlang-questions] Volunteers wanted for new project

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Thu Jul 22 13:48:02 CEST 2010

Just to chip in... I've been running a Russian news site on Erlang for 4 years now, I think. I've been following so much Erlang that it doesn't fit my head anymore :)

Right now I probably know more abut various Erlang-related projects than anybody on the list :) I have over 200 links on the site mostly pointing to various erlang projects/code sources/repositories and the like.

I can safely say this (and I said it before): Erlang universe is a fragmented mess :) There's code on github (most of it), theres code on bitbucket, on google code... There are small projects that people put up on various blogs without ever bothering to post it to github. There is a small number of personal repositories...

All in all, when you're trying to find anything erlang-related... You're out of luck. Unless the project has gained track in the community or some publicity (YXA, Mochiweb, Riak etc.).

What Erlang needs is an erlangforge. I've owned the domain for a year and didn't have time to do anything with it :( I own the erlforge.com domain (heck, just renewed it :)) and I'm willing to setup it anyway you want for anyone who can create an erlforge :)

In my view it should track various source hosting sites (like project.trapexit.org does) but also host copies of projects that are released simply as .zip-files and the like.