Interfaces between distributed OTP applications

Zvi <>
Fri Jan 29 18:37:25 CET 2010

On Jan 29, 6:57 pm, Garrett Smith <> wrote:
> FWIW, when I first saw your post, I casually interpreted your all-caps
> name as spam that got through the filter. You might want to tweak your
> mail client.

Yes, I figured it out - changed the nickname

> Yes, though I'm not sure why the client would need to run on the
> server node. The server would typically be registered globally and
> then accessed from the client through a public API in the server
> module (or an application level module).

my servers are registered locally, since I have several nodes with the
same gen_server.
Then I can communicate with them using gen_server:call/cast to

{, my_server}
{, my_server}
{, my_server}

I see that the best solution will be to put all public APIs into
separate application with single module with protocol wrapper
functions.

Zvi