[erlang-questions] [ANN] tidier website

Anders Nygren anders.nygren@REDACTED
Fri Jan 29 18:29:39 CET 2010

2010/1/29 Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED>:
> We are very happy to announce the website of Tidier, an automatic
> refactoring tool for Erlang programs.
>
> Tidier cleans up Erlang source code and suggests to its user a sequence of
> transformations that improve the quality and performance of code.
>
> More information about tidier can be found at its website (*):
>
>    http://tidier.softlab.ntua.gr/
>
> We welcome feedback and suggestions!
>
> Kostis Sagonas and Thanassis Avgerinos

This is great news, I have been waiting eagerly for tidier since I read about it
the first time.

A quick test have found two small issues.

1, If tider does not make any transformations it does not tell you that,
    it just brings You to the "here is your transformed file" page.
    So it took me some time to figure out if it was working or not.
    It would be nice with a message that says "no transformations
    performed" or something like that.

2, If I try to analyze a file that is not erlang code, it crashes, and gives a
    yaws crash page. the same happens if I dont specify a file and just press
    the "upload code and start refactoring" button.

/Anders