[erlang-questions] packet sniffing

Angel Alvarez clist@REDACTED
Wed Jan 27 09:54:40 CET 2010

Hi

This remembered me some quiestion whether the inet driver is multihreaded or not.

Id dont really know if port solutions are taking benefit from the file driver (using the Async Pool)
where the inet driver relies directly select/poll and OS Kernel to leverage SMP support.

So the a driver with a libpcap interface would naturally have to make use of the async pool.

On the other side the aproach of patching inet to allow raw ports would not

I was thinking that on RAW mode a simple socket can produce a ton of bits (a lot of more than
is usual usage on a TCP socket?)

I think Joe wants to avoid C code at all so the SOCK_RAW question, either a C driver poses the
same C dependences...

so (im not sure the above statemente are all true) what's the best case?

/Angel

--
No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.

 Angel J. Alvarez Miguel, Servicios Informáticos
 Edificio Torre de Control, Campus Externo UAH
 Alcalá de Henares 28806, Madrid    ** ESPAÑA **

 RedIRIS Jabber: angel.uah.es@REDACTED
HONEY BUNNY - Any of you *uckin' pricks move and I'll execute every mother*ucking last one of you.
--
No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.