[erlang-questions] understanding the scaleability limits of erlang and mnesia

Brian Acton acton@REDACTED
Tue Jan 26 23:23:06 CET 2010

I understand that inserts would take longer in the former example than in
the latter. However, I don't understand why this would so greatly impact
restart / recovery time ? Is this because mnesia is effectively reinserting
the records, rather than blatting the file from another node over the wire ?
Presumably, the latter would be much much faster...

Any references (besides what is on erlang.org) that you use that details
this info ?

Also, rewriting my app to lessen the uniqueness of the indexes is virtually
impossible. I'm dealing with user ids which are inherently unique.

--b