[erlang-patches] Re: [erlang-questions] Bug in epmd_srv.c?

Klas Johansson klas.johansson@REDACTED
Sun Jan 24 20:39:02 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the delay...

2009/12/22 Björn Gustavsson <bgustavsson@REDACTED>:
> 2009/12/22 Klas Johansson <klas.johansson@REDACTED>:
>
>> I've amended my previous patch to incorporate the fix for the
>> what-if-extra-contains-null-characters issue.  Get it here:
>>
>>   git fetch git://github.com/klajo/otp.git epmd_port2resp_trunc_extra
>
> Thanks! Included in 'pu'.

I've seen that it has graduated now, great!

> Is there any special reason to fix this bug? I mean, besides
> fixing a bug, is there anything that will work better or something
> that now will be possible to do that was not possible to do
> before, or does it increase security?
>
> If the answer to any of those questions is "yes", it would be
> good to mention it in the commit message.

I see what you're asking for here, but I was just fooling around with
the distribution protocol and another programming language.  Perhaps
Dave has some input here?

>> I've also attached a new version of the erlang test case which
>> tests the null issue as well.
>
> It would be nice if you could turn that code into a test case.

I've done a new commit here (where I've added two more testcases to
epmd_SUITE.erl):

    git fetch git://github.com/klajo/otp.git epmd_port2resp_trunc_extra

I didn't amend my previous commit, since it had already graduated from 'pu'.

Thanks and Regards,
Klas