list of updates in mnesia

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Sat Jan 23 15:44:32 CET 2010

Hi,

My erlang server sends an http request to several remote server every minute.
The remote servers respond with a list of updates to user profiles and rosters.
The erlang server needs to process the list of updates and apply it to the mneisa database.

The updates might contain syntax errors or wrong info.
For example, it is possible that the remote server will refer to a missing user id.
It's not an e-commerce application so transactions are not critical.

What is the best way to handle the list of updates?
Do I need to use transactions when writing data to the mnesia table?
Is it better to create one transaction for the whole list or one transaction per item?
What is the risk in using dirty_write?
Maybe it is better to use one process per list item so even if there are syntax errors the rest of the list will be used?

Thanks