Mnesia activity callback system context

Bernard Duggan bernie@REDACTED
Wed Jan 13 23:31:14 CET 2010

Hi List,
    Is it the case that mnesia activity callbacks are guaranteed to
execute in the same process that is performing the transaction?  I can't
find any mention of it in the docs.  I ask because if it's not, it
doesn't seem like there's any way to get an arbitrary piece of
information from the latter process to the one in which the callbacks
execute, and that significantly limits their usefulness for a couple of
things I'd like to do.  (I had written a long email explaining those
things, but if the answer to this question is "yes" then I can save us
all a lot of time :))
    Even if the answer is "yes", it still seems like the only way would
be to use the process dictionary - fine if that's the case, but it seems
like there "should" be a neater way.

Cheers,

Bernard