[erlang-questions] [ANN] efene programming language 0.1 released

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Tue Jan 12 06:43:15 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Mariano Guerra <luismarianoguerra@REDACTED
> wrote:

> efene is a programming language that runs on the erlang virtual machine.
>
> the idea is to provide an alternative syntax to erlang that is most
> suitable for people coming from languages like Java, C, C++, C#,
> Javascript.

As someone dealing with similar problems in my implementation of Reia (
http://github.com/tarcieri/reia) I have a number of questions about your
language:

   - Do you support destructive assignment?
   - Do you support the "assign" operators that are found in traditional
   imperative languages (e.g. += -= *= /= |= &= ^= <<= >>=)
   - How do you handle objects?  Your syntax is inspired by JavaScript.  Do
   you provide a prototype-based object model?
   - How do you handle concurrency?
   - How do you handle distribution?
   - How do you interface back with Erlang?
   - How do you handle exceptions?

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand