[erlang-questions] IP packet manipulation within Erlang

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Jan 8 22:16:07 CET 2010

2010/1/8 Toby Thain <toby@REDACTED>

> On 7-Jan-10, at 6:11 PM, Chandru wrote:
>
>> Sorry Trevor, I tried hard to recollect, but I can't remember. I do
>> remember
>> giving up using Erlang in frustration, and writing it in C, much to my
>> annoyance because I could've done some really complex processing with the
>> packet stream if I could get them into Erlang.
>>

> Are you saying the complex processing would have been simpler in Erlang?
>
> What specifically was impossible in C?

I didn't say anything was impossible, it is just that I write code much
faster in erlang than in C. It feels like a chore having to write code in C
these days. Sure there are good reasons for it, but I can't be bothered.

Chandru