[erlang-questions] IP packet manipulation within Erlang

Martti Kuparinen martti.kuparinen@REDACTED
Thu Jan 7 15:05:20 CET 2010

Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> - grab all incoming IP packets
> - perform some IP header manipulation
> - send out the modified packets

Let's assume I have N hosts (on the same subnet) which perform this. These hosts
have a shared database which contains some information how to manipulate the IP
header. The database entry is inserted when the first packet arrives to any of
the hosts.

How fast is Mnesia to make the new information be available on the other hosts?
Are we talking about M*100 milliseconds or M seconds or M*10 seconds here?

The reason I'm asking this is that, if/when the second packet for the same
session arrives on any other host, it can't do anything unless it first finds
the information within the database.

Martti