[erlang-questions] erl-config

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Thu Jan 7 01:46:39 CET 2010

I have an escript that I use to gather bits of information from the Erlang environment itself.  I would rather have an escript do this than a raw binary, just to ensure that all of this data is available from inside Erlang (which is useful, I think).

Alternatively, people have previously discussed ideas for a generic Erlang control program (i.e. ectl or erlctl?) that could provide a CLI to common features or applications in running nodes.  This could also provide a way to get at the information if it were available inside of of the runtime (which I suggest it really should be).

See my script here:  http://github.com/jvantuyl/erl-skel/blob/master/scripts/erl_info