Coverity, ClearMake, Erlang VM

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Sun Feb 21 23:04:33 CET 2010

On Feb 19, 2010, at 8:16 PM, Michael Turner wrote:

> On 2/18/2010, "Richard O'Keefe" <ok@REDACTED> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 19, 2010, at 3:08 AM, Björn Gustavsson wrote:
>>> That's it because we have always used Clearcase and Clearmake,
>>> that handle most dependencies automatically. We will starting
>>> working on updating the Makefiles to have the necessary
>>> dependencies. (Patches accepted.)
>>
>> That reminds me of the article from Coverity in CACM.
>
> With the important difference that the CACM article mentioned people
> who
> thought that ClearCase Make was how all makes work; obviously,
> Erlang/OTP people know better.

If anyone thought I was in any way slighting or criticising the
Erlang/OTP team there, please accept my apologies.  All I actually
meant was "at this moment, ANY mention of Clearmake, no matter what,
reminds me of the Coverity article, just due to the co-occurrence
of the name.  Having been reminded of Coverity, and the fact that
the US government supported the processing of millions of lines of
open source code by Coverity, ..."