Trie Data Structure

Michael Truog <>
Thu Dec 30 03:21:05 CET 2010

I implemented a trie data structure that has performed 20% faster lookups
than the dict implementation in R14B01.  I have tested the code but it can
always benefit from more testing.  The trie module provides the same
interface as the dict module, but requires a list of integers for the key.
Please tell me if you find issues in the code.

Blog posts: (dict as the fastest general tree
data structure)

I know you can use ETS for similar problems, but avoiding shared data helps
utilize Erlang's scalability advantages.

Michael Truog