[erlang-questions] questions about supervisor behavior

Fernando Benavides <>
Mon Dec 27 16:55:28 CET 2010

I think your problem is that you're not linking the workers to the
supervisor.  Remember the supervisor documentation:

> The start function must create and link to the child process, and
> should return {ok,Child} or {ok,Child,Info} where Child is the pid of
> the child process and Info an arbitrary term which is ignored by the
> supervisor.

You can try using gen_server:start_link/4 (i.e.
gen_server:start_link({local, Name}, ?MODULE, [], []).) instead of

Hope this helps :)