[erlang-questions] Speaking of comments

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Fri Dec 17 08:01:52 CET 2010

docco looks nice, similar to Masklinn's Pycco. But it's a generator
(output is not for consumption in the editor.)

Superimpose that screenshot over your favorite editor; imagine being able
to edit the left-panel without writing markup; imagine a few blog-style
comments from your fellow developers then we're onto something.

- Edmond -

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:37:13 +1100, Tony Arcieri <tony.arcieri@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Nahuel Greco <ngreco@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> You guys need to take a look to the image-based Smalltalk philosophy.
>

> Smalltalk philosophy is great, but docco is a tool that can generate
> exactly
> this sort of "literate programming" style side-by-side documentation
> today
> from the codebase of many existing languages, including Erlang. Just pump
> your Erlang source code through docco and it will spit out documentation
> with comments and source code side-by-side.
>
> docco's web site itself is an example of the output docco generates:
>
> http://jashkenas.github.com/docco/

- Edmond -