Do I need sasl to log crashes in the gen_server init function ?

David Almroth david.almroth@REDACTED
Thu Dec 16 13:28:51 CET 2010

My problem, for a while, has been to be able to detect crashes in the init
functions in my gen_servers.
If my erlang code crashes in the init function the error (the stacktrace)
has been invisible unless I have started sasl.

Is it true that starting sasl is the only way to catch the crasches?

And if sasl is the only solution, should I use it in my production
environment?
Is there any arguments against using sasl in a production environment?

/David
+46 - 70 - 417 46 10
Skype: david.almroth