[erlang-questions] Dialyzer "no local return" warning for anonymous functions

Bernard Duggan bernie@REDACTED
Wed Dec 15 23:53:29 CET 2010

On 15/12/10 20:08, Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Bernard Duggan wrote:
>> As far as I
>> know, though, there's no way to -spec an anonymous function, nor is
>> there any obvious way to make that particular function not anonymous.
> It's too early in the morning for me, but doesn't the following do it?
> (Warning: untested -- I also think the parentheses aroung the fun object
> are not really needed, but perhaps the code is clearer with them)
>
>     validate(A, B) ->
>         try
>             mnesia:transaction((fun my_funky_mnesia_test/2)(A,B))
>         catch
>             exit:{aborted, all_valid} ->  ok;
>             exit:{aborted, Error} ->  {error, Error}
>         end.
>
>     -spec my_funky_mnesia_test(some_t(), another_t()) ->  no_return().
>
>     my_funky_mnesia_test(A, B) ->
>         some_test_db_operations(A, B),
>         mnesia:abort(all_valid).
Indeed that does do it - thank you very much.  It had never occurred to
me that you could call fun objects directly like that.  Of course in
hindsight it's obvious, but then hindsight usually is :)

Cheers,

Beranrd