TCP port sends EXIT message

Per Andersson avtobiff@REDACTED
Wed Dec 15 15:15:52 CET 2010

Hello!

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Per Andersson <avtobiff@REDACTED> wrote:
> What I want to achieve is to connect to the acceptor, send the control message
> and then let the OTHER_FSM continue handling the socket.

I realized that this happened because the acceptor is shutdown after it
calls controlling_process. I, erroneously, thought that controlling_process
would actually transfer all control and ownership of the socket to a new
process. This does not seem to be the case, the docs state only that the
new owner will receive messages.

So, on to my next question then. Is it possible to transfer a socket
between processes, keeping it alive if the previous owner dies?

Best,
Per