[erlang-questions] REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

dkoch@REDACTED dkoch@REDACTED
Tue Dec 14 13:35:32 CET 2010

Thanks alot Alain. This behavior happens on a fressh Opera 10.63 installation, as well as a previciously installed Opera 10.63 install. It might be a bug, perhaps. However is this 'feature' (paning) really necessary ? A plain ol' html tree ain't enough ?
If the plan is to keep the documentation around a tree-based model (which is a good one) one might consider using a real javascript-based tree that also works under Opera (just tested) like these :
http://www.destroydrop.com/javascripts/tree/
http://www.treemenu.org/ (sourceforge)
http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/treeview/index.shtml
It would then be more easy to dive into the documentation's depth, that would render it almost MSDN-alike :)
David

Message du : 14/12/2010
De : "Alain O 'Dea " <alain.odea@REDACTED>
A : "dkoch@REDACTED" <dkoch@REDACTED>
Copie à : erlang-questions@REDACTED
Sujet : Re: [erlang-questions] REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

Sorry about that. My iPhone is haunted. I wasn't ready to send that.
I was in the middle of typing.

What I was saying is that this issue is very likely a bug in Opera or
a configuration issue in your settings. Have you reproduced the issue
on a fresh Opera install or on Opera on another machine?

If nothing else the Opera team may come back with what makes the page
break in Opera. That would make fixing this way easier :)

Thank you,
Alain